Saturday, November 15, 2008

TARANTULA!

the TARANTULA!
I know many, many of you have been waiting for this story so here goes: during my first prep of the day I walked into a large commotion in the office. I asked "que paso?" (what happened?) they told me to go to the bathroom and see. HOLY SNAP! A HUGE SPIDER is trapped under the garbage can. Wowzers. Then we decided to take it outside and the Domincian science teacher (Mr. Juan) put it outside and let it crawl out. (side note: one of the other teachers has a severe phobia of spiders. that comes into play later...) So the hurrah was over. UNTIL I decide that I want to keep it in my classroom as a pet. BALLER. what other teacher could say that they had a real, wild tarantula as a class pet?? Not too many! So, thanks to Brooke who randomly had a terrarium, I went outside and our amazing gateguard Fausto helped me trap this poor sucker in the cage. Immediately I took it upstairs (away from phobic teacher who never comes upstairs, so plan is flawless right? wrong!) and showed it to my class, who loved it, showed it to the 9th graders, who loved it, and showed it to anyone else who wanted to come see it. 2 minutes later I get a note "Dear Miss Brewer, blah blah blah i'm scared of spiders...blah blah blah please let it go and take it out of the building blah blah blah I love you. Love, phobic teacher" Okay, so maybe that's not exactly what the letter said, and Rachel, I'm totally joking. Seriously. :) But basically I was asked to take it out of the building and then get rid of it after school. Tears were shed in my classroom. I took it to an unknown location for the rest of the day, and then wonderful Christy Elmer took us on her pasola to the ******* (edited to protect sanity) so our little friend the tarantula could have a better life...


Funny after-story: (Rachel, I hope you think this is funny...)
I hid the tarantula in my cubby at school. Unknown to Miss Cunningham. A few teachers asked to see it at the end of the day, but SHOOT! Rachel was sitting in the teacher's lounge on the computer. So we sneakily, very sneakily, took it out of the cage (no just kidding!) I took away the folder that was in front of it, and showed the teachers, after I explained to them Rachel's phobia. I don't think she had any idea. whoops. I'm such a bad person and a bad friend!!

check out more pictures on my picasa site!!!

No comments: