Monday, February 23, 2009

Time flies!

Whoa.  how time flies!  I look up one day and a month has passed!  This has been a good month, sure it's been full of ups and downs, but overall God has been good.  School has been going so much better this semester.  I feel more confident as a teacher, feel like I know what I'm doing more, feel more confident as a member of the staff at school.  As I have been praying about things about next year, it has become more clear what it means to be a staff member, a part of a team, striving for better school, better students, and to be a better team.

Some awesome, significant things that have happened in the last week or two:

1.  Juan Luis Guerra concert
Last weekend 6 of us boarded Caribe Tours and headed to the Capitol (Santo Domingo) for a day of relaxing, enjoyment, and eating. :)  Our purpose for the trip was to go see Juan Luis Guerra in concert.  The bonus part of our trip was getting to stay in a beautiful house of one of our friends down here, Job.  We relaxed the afternoon away, sitting by the pool (some of us swimming...) and doing a crossword puzzle. :)  can life get any better?  then we saddled up, put on our Sunday best and headed downtown for a quick dinner and to the concert.

The concert was unlike anything I've ever been to before.  It was in a big soccer (I think?) stadium.  We were not in the cheap bleacher seats, oh absolutely not!  We were in the middle of the field, surrounded by the happy claps of many Dominicans surrounding us in the bleachers.  We were crammed tight, struggling to move forward to be as close to the legend himself as possible.  When we realized that this wasn't the best move, we decided to go stand near the back where it was less crowded, we would have more room to move around.

The concert was...AMAZING.  I cannot even describe how much fun it was.  I loved it so much.  Christie and I hoised Christy up on our shoulders.  Yeah, we got crazy.  :)  We did a lot of dancing, a lot of laughing, a lot of loving life.  It was so fun.  UNfortunately, I didn't take any pictures (only one, I think the whole weekend!  who am i?!) so I have no goodness to show you.  But let me just say, Juan Luis Guerra rocked my socks.  Yes indeed.  He did.   If you don't know who he is, look him up.  ASAP.  like now.  okay.  



Brooke, Karyn, and I went to Carnaval yesterday.  WHAT an experience.  I want to write about that later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to answer your question of "can life get any better than this?"--yes, yes it can. if this is as good as it gets, no thank you! pretty sure it sucks here a lot right now. but i'm thankful you can see God at work. :)

christyinecuador said...

I LOVE Juan Luis Guerra's music! Let me know when he comes to Ecuador! :)