Monday, September 7, 2009

A video tour

The other day (and by the other day, I mean a few weeks ago) Karyn and I were traveling back from Santiago visiting my friend Kristen and we had to take a gua-gua. What is a "gua-gua" you ask? Basically it's an old beat up van that we shoved 20 people into with all their belongings...aka plants, bags of groceries, etc. I snapped a few pictures of the trip and a few videos too. I've uploaded the videos onto my blog and uploaded a slideshow of the few pictures that I took. I hope you can get a picture of what it's like to drive up the mountain into the valley of Jarabacoa. :)




I am not sure if you can tell, but these little roadside stands are RIGHT next to the riverbank. Literally if you took one step backwards, you would fall into the river. It's crazy!

No comments: