Friends and Family,
I am excited to share with you an awesome opportunity that I have been given. I have been given the opportunity to bring 3 of my students (girls) from the DR to the United States to Indiana for the summer. Right now I have 4 students who are interested (Smirna, Suleidy, Nicole, and Maryed) I'm excited for them to be able to get an opportunity to see the United States, eat American food, visit colleges, and learn English in a completely immersed environment. We will be taking trips to Indianapolis, Chicago, and just hanging around Fort Wayne. They may also spend a week at a camp in Illinois that my cousin and her husband work at. We will be in the United States for somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks.
Some of the fun activities that we would like to do is: visiting a zoo, going to a baseball game, seeing movies, visiting Sonic, and visiting the Children's and Art museum in Indianapolis, visiting the "Bean" in Chicago, and going to the aquarium and possibly the Science and Industry Museum in Chicago. I am really excited about this, and I pray that you will be able to give to these awesome kids. I've attached their pictures, so that you can see them! :)
We are going to be raising about $1,500 per student that I am bringing. If you are interested in supporting them, please let me know. That means we are trying to raise almost $5,000 in 2 short months. Please consider supporting them and their trip to the US. Their plane tickets cost almost $900 a piece, with $200 for camp, and then $400 for other exciting things that we will do. I am setting up a paypal account for them. I will let you know when it is confirmed.
Thank you and I will send you another update soon. Please pray for these students, as I don't want to get their hopes up too high, although judging by their giddy laughs and excited faces, it's hard not to give them way more hope! :) Because the idea excites me too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment