Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life Lately

Constant nightmares (waking up so sweaty and crying every night).  Insomnia (because I don't want to sleep and have nightmares).  Exhaustion.  My hands constantly shaking for no reason.  Anxiety over what is to come and leaving this country that I deeply love.  Stress of finding a job for next year.  Being sick.  Taking over (very) few admin. roles now that Karen is on maternity leave.  


Encouragement from my morning Bible study.  Teaching my 3rd graders again (just science).  Being loved on by friends.  Hugs from sweet 4-year olds.  Encouraging my 3rd graders to be good leaders and to love each other.  


This morning I needed this.  I needed to hear God's promises speaking through Isaiah.  


Isaiah 40  
(v. 8)The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.


(v. 28)  Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.



(v. 31)  But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

No comments: