My birthday here was amazing. I love birthdays being a teacher because the kids always make you feel special. Well, this day possibly topped them all. It was a blast. I knew the kids would throw me a “surprise” party because they’re not the slickest 5th graders known to man. But whoa, was I surprised. The 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders (all of whom I’ve taught at one point or another) threw a gigantic surprise party for me (and I was shocked!) with ice cream and soda and lots of getting wet. I feel so blessed to work at a place where the kids care about birthdays and where I am made to feel special. My favorite part of the day: soaking all the other kids when they tried to get me wet. It was a rainy day (rainy month!) so it was a blast to get all the kids wet. Hopefully their parents didn't get too mad at me! :) It was a big wet fest!
| Nihcolle and me (one of my fave students) |
| Me and my crazy buddy Alex Canaan |
| Can you tell how wet they all are? |
| Birthday buddy -- Jose Leonel |
| 3rd - 6th grade surprise party |
| ICE water. SO COLD. |
| Having fun...sliding in the puddles! |
| Great Birthday!!! :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment