Saturday, January 17, 2009

Straight Up Joy!

Hello once again! I have survived exam week and am rearing to go for this new semester! This week was fairly low key...half days of school for my students, hour-long lunches, grading exams, finalizing report cards, preparing for next semester, copying like a mad woman. :) You get the gist. All in all, it was a good week.

Karyn and I have started our Bible study this semester. I'm pretty excited, as it has already been challenging and eye-opening to the ways that satan attacks us. I think that as a "missionary" (I use that term loosely because I feel like I am more of a teacher than a missionary, but in all honesty, this truly is my mission field, where I attest to Christ's love, where I am sharing the Gospel, so yes, I am sort of a missionary.) satan wants to attack even more. He wants to build up walls in our small community, he wants to lure people away from God, he wants us to believe lies that make us forget the Truth. It's good, so good, to be reminded that satan's attacks on us are real. They are hitting us hard and frequently. BUT it's okay. because God is bigger. God is so much more than satan could ever be. Anyways, maybe I'll share more about what I'm learning from Bible study in a later post...

Humorous story of the entry:
I called my mom, and she said she had important things to update me on! She said that one day at school she got a phone call, "Mrs. Brewer, there is a boy from the Dominican Republic on the phone for you." (my thoughts: WHAT?!) My mom is of course in "mom mode" thinking that something has happened to me or I am sick or I am hurt, you know, typical mom stuff. :) She goes to answer the phone. "Hi Mrs. Brewer, my name is Josue and I am in Miss Brewer's class." (my thoughts: OH MY GOODNESS! HOW FUNNY!) It turns out that Josue wanted my mom's home phone number (which he proudly gloats that he has...) and that was pretty much it. :) HOW did he get my mom's school phone number? well, my mom's class and my class have been video chatting back and forth, so my mom decided to give my students some pens and zipper-pulls. and the pens had the phone number for the school on them. I had received questions about whether or not this was the phone number to my mom's school in Indiana, but honestly had never even thought that they would call. How funny is my boy! :)


And today, off to school for another full day of getting ready for next semester, finishing up report cards, and getting life together...

No comments: