Saturday, June 13, 2009

Four little words...

Ahhhhh...a relaxing glimpse of the end of the school year has come. We finished school on a half day on Wednesday. We had our class party (complete with dance party), watched part of Bolt, and then the real fun began! The bomberos (firemen) came and brought their firehose. So then we had a big water party! It was so fun to play with the kids, grab the timid ones and bring them into the water, and just play. Another awesome Dominican tradition that is unknown in the United States but dearly loved here!

Tonight I heard the four words that I dread hearing the most. Quick! Get a shoe. I know that I am about to face some sort of monster that I am going to crunch. Tonight it was a cockroach. We've had an infestation of cockroaches lately. I think I've killed about 1 or 2 a day for the past few days. GROSS. and the other day we had a HUGE bombing of flying ants. Probably around 100!!! (maybe a slight exaggeration, but not by much!) Yeah, it's been great.

Speaking of the animal kingdom, today Karyn and I were washing dishes after breakfast and we saw 2 lizards mating. It was like the Discovery Channel. Neither of us could look away. What an interesting interactive day it has been with the creatures of the earth. :)

I'm coming home on Tuesday!!!



IN other NEWS:
We are seeking more teachers! If you are interested, please email your resume to director@jarabacoachristianschool.org

No comments: