Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lengthier Update

It's hard to believe that I've been home for over 2 weeks! It seems like just yesterday I was teaching my 12 kids, walking into town, and eating Gilberto's! I'm excited to go back and be a better teacher this year! I found out yeasterday that there is going to be only one 4th grade class with 19 students. I'm SO excited about it. There is a sweet place in my heart for those kids! I feel blessed that I am going to get to teach them all.

This year was a hard year but one of grace, forgiveness, and love. I learned a lot about myself as a teacher and as a person. God gave me some amazing friends. I'm so proud of the work that these men and women that I have come to know and love and their willingness to serve our Lord.

I hope that you read back through the amazing times that I've had over the past year...

I'll be updating my blog soon with updates about fundraising information and about my upcoming year in the Dominican Republic!

No comments: