The easy answer to that is: Walking.
Whenever I go into town, it's generally on the two feet that God has blessed me with. :) It's about a 15 minute walk into town. When I'm going to school (just around the block--about 3 minutes) or to the store (about 15 minute walk) I have to walk. Then I have to carry back all the groceries in my backpack or just holding them. Needless to say it inhibits my desire to walk into town. That is also a reason why I am fundraising for a pasola. When I got to church, I get picked up by the pastor's wife who generously picks us up and takes us home. When I'm traveling throughout the country and to the beach, we generally ride public transportation (which is a charter bus) or rent a car. Renting a car is expensive but when split between many girls, it doesn't seem so expensive.
1 comment:
I hope you have good, paved sidewalks and roads! What do you do when it rains? Does it rain a lot there?
Post a Comment