One of the most fun things that I've done is 27 Charcos. Basically you hike up this path, climbing up waterfalls, swimming, getting drenched and physically exhausted, and then at the end you get to jump down these beautiful waterfalls. I couldn't take my camera with me because it would get drenched (if you would like to buy me a waterproof digital camera so I could take it with me next time I go, that would be awesome) but I have pictures from the before and after! I'm attaching the slideshow for you to watch!
For Karyn's birthday weekend, we went to a Dominican baseball game and then on to the beach! The baseball game (Aguilas vs. Licey) was very much like an American baseball game except louder. Not extreme, blow out your eardrums loud, but there was definitely just NOISE all the time. We went with a group of young adults from church so it was good to spend time with both Americans and Dominicans. Karyn and I then went on to Cabarete, our favorite beach, to celebrate her birthday! It was so fun to relax, eat good ice cream, good food, and just enjoy spending time with my friend!
The next weekend, a group of 9 of us piled into a Honda CRV and took off to the beach, with a stop to drop off the two youngins' at Mamacedes house. :) We got to the beach, took one look at our beautiful beach house and felt instantly relaxed. I spent the weekend playing in the HUGE ocean waves, swimming in our pool, and watching football...AMERICAN football. Can life get any better? Probably not. We ate good food, enjoyed good company, and just relaxed.
No comments:
Post a Comment