Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday: Part 2

So yes.  Yesterday was awesome.  The day ended with me getting SOAKED by the kids...all of them.  1st-7th graders attacked me with buckets, cups, cones, bottles, anything that could hold water.  It was great.
  So my friend Karyn knows that I love Diet
Coke.  Throughout the day, every 24 minutes to be precise, I received a new soda with a letter on it.  When all the letters were to be had, it spelled out Natalie, Happy Birthday! 24!  (There are 24 sodas, just in case you were wondering!)  Since I only have 19 days left in the DR, I think I'm going to have to share with my roommates! :) :)
I got 2 sleep outfits from my students, some peanut M&M's, and a little Dominican statue/pen holder. Holly gave me 2 canvas paintings that she had painted, and Laura gave me a set of Seasons paintings that she had done.

After school, I went out to dinner with my friends here.  It was fun to spend time with them, talking, eating pizza, cheesecake, and frappucinos.

From left to right:
Karen, Jenny, Tim, Laura, me, Holly, Karyn, Brooke, and Nat

No comments: