Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Birthday!


So today is the best day of the year.  In case you didn't know, it was my birthday. I share my birthday with a very special little boy, named Jose Leonel.  He's in 1st grade, so of course I had to snag a picture with him and his ridiculously large hat.  :)










The kids soaked me!  This is an awesome Dominican tradition that I got held down by my kids while one of my students, Christofer, threw a huge bucket of water on me.  It was awesome.




My students threw a surprise party for me.  It was awesome!  They diverted me by getting me soaked then sending me to change.  Unfortunately,  I didn't go home and change.  I just chilled up in the library.  They all brought in snacks and Laura, the 5th grade teacher, made a cake.  I felt so loved.  I feel so blessed to spend time with my students and to be celebrated by them.
Marta, my student Nicole's mom, brought me an amazing lunch today of rice, beans, tostones, green salad, potato salad, grilled chicken, fried chicken, chuleta (the English word is escaping me...maybe pork chop?), yuca balls, and a cupcake.  Karyn and I shared it and I still have tons of leftovers!  Yay for having lunch for the next 2 days...

I had a blessed birthday.  And pray the blessings will continue.  Going out to dinner and dessert tonight with some really awesome people.  Thank you God for the many blessings that you have given me over the past 2 years of being here in the DR!

No comments: