Tuesday, August 10, 2010

2010-2011 Staff!

I'm here!  I've been back in the DR for almost one full week now.  It's been crazy times being back, and I've loved getting to know all the new staffers that are here.  I'll give you a rundown of all of the new and returning American staff.

Art - Dave from Michigan

PK5 -  Elissa from Texas

1st Grade- Johanna from Chicago area
               Kristen from Michigan (married to Dave)

2nd grade - Natalia from Michigan

3rd grade - Jessica from Hawaii
               ME!

4th grade - Melisa (who just arrived last night!  I haven't met her yet! but I'll update as soon
as I know more!)

5th grade - Laura from Minnesota (she's been here for the past 2 years with me! married to Tim)

6th grade - Jessica from Michigan (my roommate!! and WyldLife cohort)

7-8th grade English - Melissa from Colorado (my other roommate)

7-12th grade Bible - Tim from New York/Minnesota (has been with me for the past 2 years!)

9-12th grade Literature - Amanda from Ft. Wayne, IN!! 

9-12th grade Science/Math - Rebecca (married to Francis who will be an aid and they have a super, super cute son named Malachi!)

Amanda, Johanna, and Melisa all just graduated from college together at Bethel College in IN, and are living together in the other girls' house upstairs.

Jessica, Elissa, and Natalia are all living together in the other girls' house downstairs.

My roommates, Jessica and Melissa, and I live in our beautiful house, owned by Guido--our fantastic landlord. 

Every night since I've been here (except once!) everybody has come down to our house for dinner and laughs.  It's been so fun!  Although I'm sure once school starts that will change!

I'm doing so well here.  Busy but happy.  It's been such a blessing that Tim and Laura are still here and Karen too (admin!).  It's nice to have those deeper friendships that are already established in the midst of getting to know everyone else. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for good times with new friends!