Monday, November 22, 2010

Tye-Dye!


Last Wednesday, I spent my afternoon tye-dying and eating pizza with my 5th grade girls.  It was such a blast.  Although I didn't take any pictures of us in the actual process, all of them wore their t-shirts/bandanas on Friday, so I decided to have a little photo shoot.  It was such a blast to hang out with all of them, although it was crazy! :)   On Friday, one of my students, Laura, told me that her mom bought her cookies (I think a cookie mix) to do at my house because her mom likes it when she comes to my house and bakes things.  I laughed a little inside when she told me this, but of course told her I would love to have her come over to my house to bake! :)
It made me feel good that the parents trust me with their children and that they desire to spend time with me!
I think they are such a fun group of girls to be around, and I am so thankful that they are in my life.  I think after Christmas, I am going to start a Bible Study with them.  Hopefully it can be a more serious time in which we learn more about Jesus and what it means to follow Him as we grow up.  If anyone has any suggestions of book studies that we can do for 11 year-old girls, feel free to give me your input.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Love the pictures! So thankful you are able to continue your influence in these girls' lives. I don't know of any good bible studies for them, but if I come across one, I'll let you know. :)