Saturday, December 4, 2010

Half-Birthday

This past Thursday was my half birthday!  As exciting as it sounds, it was a good excuse to have a party and enjoy friends!  On Thursday night we had an awesome cake and some of my favorite people were here and we played Bananagrams.  The cake.  wow.  I cannot even begin to describe how yummy it was!  Marshmallow stuffing, a hard chocolate outer coating and chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling (translation unknown!)  It was a blast!  DJ Holla threw it down with some old school hits, which was so fun to sing and listen to!
Then on Friday we went to Santiago to go bowling and have dinner.  It was so fun!  I had never been bowling here nor was I ready for the frigid air conditioning that the bowling alley brought.  But alas, it was such a good time with people that mean a lot to me!  The men at the bowling alley were all up in arms because Caroline, who is about 33 weeks pregnant, wanted to bowl with us.  They were like, "Okay, you are all witnesses that we warned her not to bowl...in case something happens."  Good news:  James (Tigo) didn't make his appearance last night!  :)
I realize more and more how much I value the women that I have gotten to know here.  I am so thankful for the way that each has poured out into my life individually and together as a community.  It's something that I often think about and thank God for...

No comments: