Friday, October 3, 2008

crosswords and Vonage!

hello amigos!

ay-yi-yi. what a week it has been! i feel like every day here drags on but then the weeks seems like it passed so quickly!

this was such a good week for me! :)

the past week highlights:

HORSE PARADE...(see pictures on Picasa) sitting for an hour and a half waiting for it to begin, seeing amazing things on the back of motor scooters. and then watching a 2 minute parade of a ton of horses galloping down the hill. not too shabby. :)

DOUBLE DATE to the river and to eat pizza with Karyn and Christy. what a breath of fresh air. we sat in the river. Christy and I fought. I got majorly sunburned. the usual. LOVED my life. (...pictures on Picasa)

MFI!
I got a package from my sister that had American candy and The Office Season 4 in it. WOW! It seriously defintiely made my week. I chowed down on the Gummy Lifesavers, and those were gone in a day. I also got some cards from some friends. Always makes you feel good when you know people are thinking about you to send you snail mail! :)

CROSSWORD: I've once again become obsessed with doing crosswords on a daily basis. Every day I print off the 2 daily crosswords and do as many as I can before asking Karyn (resident English teacher/walking dictionary/Googling machine) for much needed help. I'm convinced my brain is going to last longer because I'm exercising it.

JOVIAN ECLIPSE: last night (Thursday) there was a rumored eclipse of Jupiter (which is SUPER bright right now) so we decided to climb up on top of our roof to go and watch it! It was so neat to see it disappear...although before it could come back, it was covered with clouds. It was good to just be peaceful (kinda.) on the roof with friends. I'm definitely looking forward to many more nights spent up there talking...

PAID. yes. hallelujah. we got paid. all $230 dollars of it. Yep. I worked for a month. and received $230 dollars. Kinda crazy, huh? That's why people's support is SO important to all of us that are working down here. And why we appreciate it so much. Because honestly, even $20 goes SO far...it would literally feed me for lunch for 10 days! 2 weeks worth of lunch paid for by $20. Clearly we're not down here for the money. but sometimes money is nice to have too. especially if we want to go out for dinner. or go to a waterfall. or random adventures. (which most of you know I LOVE!)


other random absurdities.
.:VONAGE:.
yes folks.
we received our Vonage phone this week! that means we have an American phone number and that we can call America. what a beautiful connection that is such a blessing! I don't particulary want to put the number out here in cyber space, but if you want to call me (which you should.) you can definitely email me and ask for the number!



I'm going to try and update with a more humorous update about life here in the DR soon, but right now not too much is coming to mind. Therefore I'm going to sign off right now...but no worries. I shall return pronto.

No comments: