Today definitely lived up to its expectation. The triplets were shy (except for Josue!) and the rest of my kids from last year gave me hugs. I got a good surprise as one of the students that I thought was going to the US, actually is back here again this year! Hooray! :)
I was so excited because this week I am teaching both 3rd and 4th grade. Our 3rd grade teacher (hopefully coming soon!!) is not here yet, so many of us are having to double up our first week. Thankfully my schedule works almost perfectly to be able to teach both without much overlap.
Having 18 kids this year (6 more desks than last year!) is certainly overwhelming and exciting at the same time. It makes my classroom seem so much smaller, but I'm really thankful to be able to have all of the kids that I do have. Hopefully we can keep everything running smoothly and in great order.
As far as recruiting stuff goes, we're still looking for a 2nd and 6th grade teacher. We have an "almost certain" 3rd grade teacher but awaiting final confirmation. Things have definitely settled down here a lot, as we had much turmoil at the beginning of the year. now we're just playing the waiting game...and planning for the weeks ahead! :)
Have I ever mentioned that I love teaching? because I do.
and to top it all off, my amazing amiga is making faux-Chipotle burritos for dinner. can life get any better?
No comments:
Post a Comment