Thursday, August 6, 2009

DR Round 2!

Ahhhh being back in the DR has been such a relief and a blessing! I've enjoyed reconnecting with friends and coworkers and setting up my classroom!

a few things that I absolutely love about coming back to the DR:
1. in Jarabacoa (my village) I am completely surrounded by mountains
2. we can get vegetables and fruits for so cheap...and they taste so fresh
3. being bold in speaking a language that I am nowhere near fluent in
4. seeing the students again - the hugs especially
5. playing videogames and watching movies on the projector
6. MFI (our mail service) Tuesdays
7. the beach being SO close (although I have yet to visit in my week back....ha!)
8. talking daily to my landlord Guido who loves me so very much
9. gearing up for another awesome year of school
10. seeing wonderful sights on motorcycles -- many people, lawn mowers, washers, etc.


Teacher training starts today...pray for us! haha

No comments: