Thursday, September 18, 2008

...and this is why i love teaching...

my students aren't spectacular writers...they don't enjoy writing. they just don't like it. so I like to stretch them. come up with creative ways to get them writing. so I had them get into groups of 3 (because it just works out that way in our classroom anyways...) and had them each write a sentence to a story and then pass it on...and then pass it around...and then pass it around...anyways. this was BY far the funniest story created by Moises, Melanio, and Luis. If you need any of it translated, I'll try, but for the most part, I feel as though it's pretty phonetic.

I like to ride bikes. One day I was roading a bike and a dog was in the mittle and I almost smatch (smashed) him. Than I got my skateboard and I jumped over the dog. Luis almost fall then like 5 minute after he fell in the dirty water and he went to his house and said Mami mami I fell in the dirty water. Wash my body please ok my son. Than Moises came to my hoes (house) and cat poop on him. Then when luis went to the colmado (a little store on the corner) a man throw saliba (saliva) to him. and luis said to him ugly man way did you throw saliba to me idiot man you are disgusting and dirty.

THE End.


wow. what a masterpiece. :)

...until later...

the three boys: Melanio, Moises, and Luis reading their story

No comments: