i know i wrote a semi-serious blog earlier this morning, so I thought I would follow it up by the laughter in my life.
okay. so I heard about this AWESOME thing that happened last year between a few of the teachers (who THANKFULLY are still around this year to be mischievous with!!) who taught their unsuspecting students AWESOME Office quotes back and forth and had the students go tell the other teacher.
Well obviously I had to start that up again this year and be the n00b who decides to butt into other people's inside jokes.
setting the stage: yesterday.
Karyn and I spend a significant amount of quality time together in the teacher's lounge. Yeah, probably couldn't ask for more hilarious slash awesome conversations. Sure beats teaching! haha just kidding...
she was heading to teach her most dreaded class so ya know, I wrote her this awesome card from "Future Karyn"...
then later my kids were working on their "Don't Let the Pigeon..." stories. So I decided to write Miss Karyn another note and staple it together so my student helper couldn't see it. He delivered it, and by the time he came back to give me a response, I was already in the teacher's lounge for lunch. "What kind of bear is best?" was the response I got back from Melanio (my student mischief coordinator...). I sent--back up to Karyn--Bears eat beets. Well apparently on his way back up, Melanio had picked up one of his triplet brothers, Josue, and when they came back to the teacher's lounge, they both screamed, "BATTLESTAR GALLACTICA." to those of you non-Office fans, it may not be that funny, but HOLY STINK I was laughing so hard I was crying...I later found out that my first note had gone into Karyn's class during prayer time...haha she said it kind of ruined the mood... :) So I was on lunch duty, and I came back into the teacher's lounge and Karyn's bag was sitting on the ground...she had disappeared. As I was heading back up to pick my kids up from recess, I left a note in Karyn's bag that said, "Identity theft is not a joke!"
setting the stage: today.
I felt as though I should spread around the love a little bit. During writing time (man, I seem like a bad teacher, right??) I wrote Christy a note that said, "Dangit! Jim put my stuff in jello again!" That was it. No response. I was kind of disappointed slash kind of freaking out cause maybe I had crossed the line (story of my life...) After school, Christy came up to me, "Did you check your mailbox?" ....no...
so I went and checked my mailbox. there was a letter. attached was this poster:

I died. LITERALLY. well, okay, not literally. but I was LAUGHING so hard. it was silent. and tears were streaming.
I loved my life.
They make me feel happy...
1 comment:
you cracking up at these office jokes makes me crack up! it's so fun to read about how you are doing and all that the Lord is teaching you Natalie!
Post a Comment