Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beauty in the Intricacies

Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to go with my amazing friend Karen to her 3D sonogram appointment.  Never before had I ever done anything like that before, so I was so excited to "see" this baby girl that I've been praying for since the fall.

Well, this visit definitely surpassed my expectations, as I got to see, so clearly, this little baby that is being grown inside Karen.

Hearing her heartbeat, seeing her move, counting her 10 fingers and 10 toes, wow.  It was amazing.  All I could do was stand there and smile.
Smiling because I know that this baby girl is going to be welcomed with open arms into this amazing, loving family.
Smiling because baby girl is so healthy and beautiful already.  
Smiling because I love seeing Karen go through this stage of life and seeing her beam with pride at how beautiful her daughter is becoming.  
Smiling because this baby girl that has been covered with prayer is now so real to me.  
It brought to life the verse in Psalms where it talks about God being the creator, knitting together baby girl in the mother's womb.  Baby girl is being grown into a product of Dan and Karen.  She definitely has Karen's nose already.  :)  I see God's hand at work as he provides protection and nutrients for baby girl using Karen as her provider and shield.

I love seeing God at work, at work in baby girl--growing her healthy and beautiful, at work in Karen's heart--preparing to be a mother again, at work in my heart--giving me so much gratitude for God's goodness and faithful design.

I can't wait to meet baby girl for real and get to hold this precious little one that has been loved so deeply and has been prayed for so earnestly.

1 comment:

sawyers5dr said...

Hand me a kleenex, please . . . . little tiny tears rolling down my cheeks as I read this. So neat that you got to share this moment with her and get a 3D sneak peek! Baby girl's got it going on - as we all already know, and I can't wait to meet her!