Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Trouble in Alaska.

This week I began my unit on Alaska.  Let me tell you, it is awesome.  I love teaching science (geography?) I love teaching Stone Fox.  I love everything about teaching units.  Let me tell you what.  So on Monday we began our unit and filled out our map with all the important places in Alaska.  Then I made a big deal about how we were going on a field trip to Mt. Denali (Mt. McKinley for you lover 48'ers)

How was I supposed to know they would take me so literally?!


So anyways, they all thought we were legit going to Alaska on Tuesday from 2:30-3:15.

When they got in class and saw it was a virtual field trip, my lesson got two incredibly large thumbs down.  Complete with grumbling, heads down on desks, yells at me for being a liar.

2 boys even cried.

C'est la vie.  Live and learn that you can't leave 3rd graders to figure out things logically...

No comments: