Monday, March 28, 2011

Motocross

El Americano (photo by Anna Lanier)
Yesterday I had the awesome opportunity to go see a motocross competition near where I live.  A group of American girls from Doulos, their Dominican guy friends, and Melisa and I went to Corocito to watch this competition.  I was blown away by the sheer magnitude of the competition.  I never would have imagined that this amazing motocross track would be in the middle of nowhere, up a gravel/dirt road up the mountains.
It was so fun!  I cannot express the joy that I had and I definitely got swept up in the excitement.
It was SO hot and we were all putting on the sunscreen like it was our job.  Then we walked around, got some hot dogs on a stick and soda, and met some of the racers.  There was a super cute American guy who came down for the race.  After I found out he was from Jersey, I had this conversation in my mind:

Me:  "Oh!  You're from Jersey?  I am moving to Maryland this summer!"
Cute Motocrosser:  "Really?  You should come watch me sometime!  I love to have fans."
Me:  "Oh, well I don't really have a way to get there, I don't have a car right now."
CM:  "No worries, I'll just pick you up on my dirt bike and we'll ride off in the sunset together."

We can hope can't we?



photo by Anna Lanier
El Americano (photo by Anna Lanier)
Well, after the heat, it started POURING down rain.  Like imagine being in a shower.  Now we wished we had brought an umbrella, not only for the sun but also for the rain!  We waited there, huddling under umbrellas, for about 30 minutes, then we just decided to walk back to where we had left our motorcycles and saw that they were sunk in about half a foot of dirt.  Yuck.  The boys got the motos out and finally it stopped raining.  As soon as we started back home, one of the motos got a flat tire, so we had to wait for awhile.  We were all FREEZING and soaked, but after we made it home, safe and showered, I look back with nothing but happiness at this awesome adventure that we had.  :)


Don't we look wet and disheveled? 

1 comment:

Becky :) said...

Does "CM" have any friends for when I come up to visit? ;)