Hi friends.
Let me kind of answer a few questions as to what is going on.
I'm leaving NEXT WEDNESDAY for the Dominican Republic where I will be teaching 4th grade at Jarabacoa Christian School. I will be living with 3 other girls (all teachers at JCS) in a house. I'm stoked. Yes, I will have internet. Hence why you should get skype and video chat with me. My friend Brooke has been sending me pictures of my new humble abode and classroom. Check them out on my photo site.
Today has been such a good day for me! I got to go visit my Spring Mill friends. That honestly meant the world to me, as I was afraid I would have to venture off to the DR without saying goodbye. I had a great lunch with Pat, Aaron, and Laurie. It just makes me smile all the time when I am with them. They have been such a huge support to me throughout the past year, not to mention the constant laughter :) Then I got to spend some time with Kate, who is not convinced that I should be going to the DR, although I'm about to change her mind. :) Finally I got to see Liz briefly. Everyone at Spring Mill just brings a smile to my face, although it was weird seeing so many new faces, and it makes me sad that I'll miss them for an entire year. My first batch of goodbye's was rough! Although, surprisingly, there were no tears. I cannot express to you what Spring Mill has meant to me. I love it.
Okay.
So I have officially bought over $90 worth of school supplies. I neeeeeed to ship them down there early next week. Or I won't have them for about 2 weeks! I cannot believe I'm really going. Work in Indy is good. I wish, though, that I was at home and getting ready for this huge adventure.
Although! Jess and I are having a sleepover with Haley tonight, which I'm SUPER stoked about. Chipotle, Guitar Hero, Starbucks, and painting nails is on the agenda. win win win.
peace, love, and applesauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited that you are excited to be here!!! 5 days friend.
Post a Comment