whoa.
whoa.
whoa.
Can we please just slow down time a little bit? The past day or so have been awesome. I had some solid friends come visit, some hard goodbye's...some "well...I'll see you in June..." Thankfully I'm confident in the fact that we will stay in touch. Email, Skype, Gmail Chat...beautiful creations. :) ((haley. you should get skype. consider it.)) :)
I'm almost all packed. Cleaning is the next ugly task that I am going to partake in tomorrow. and tonight. it's what I should be doing right now, but alas, clearly am not. it's weird to think i won't see my room again for almost 10 months. wow. sad. i love my room.
in the words of hannah montana's bro: "shake, shake, shake, shake, a shake it."
no relevance. just listening to metro station.
on a more serious note: I got my class schedule today. I don't know when I'm supposed to be teaching, when I have to be out of my room, when I'll have lunch duty...all these unknowns. kinda makes me nervous. I've bombarded Brooke with more questions than she knows what to do with...it's becoming more and more real at this point. clearly. in 48 hours i will be resting in my Dominican home. I feel like such an inadequate teacher. I have no idea how to teach. or what to teach. I want to make learning fun--I want to challenge my students to do their best and get the most out of 4th grade. I want to challenge myself to be the best teacher that I can. It's an overwhelming prospect at this point. Thankfully I've had great role models and mentors from elementary school through college. I'm well prepared. I know how to challenge my students. I know my style of teaching. I'm prepared to learn, prepared to mess up, prepared to excel. all of the above. and seeking God's guidance, wisdom, and love through all of it. I'm learning...
learning to rest in God's faithfulness in every facet of my trip...
another note: i have my class list. yes. i have triplets. yes. i only have 14 students. and yes. they are all Dominican. i'm so excited to meet them! pray for our transition to each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment