Can I please just describe the last 48 hours?
I've decided to make a RADICAL life change and move to the Dominican Republic to teach 4th grade at Jarabacoa Christian School in Jarabacoa, DR. Yes, you read that correctly. I will be spending the next 9 months of my life in a foreign country, in a foreign culture, and with foreign people. THANKFULLY enough my dear friend Brooke is teaching at the school (how I found out about the job!!)
I'm going to be attempting to blog. We'll see how long that lasts, but for now this is easier than sending out a bajillion mass emails and that way whomever can check out what I'm doing...
Here's to a HUGE leap of faith...
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Natalie! I am so proud of you! And to think that just a few months ago, you and Amy were both trying to get a teaching job in boring ol' North Carolina! Now look at you, an International teacher! You are going to have a great life experience to remember for the rest of you life! You (and your parents, I know how they're feeling about now) will be in our thoughts and prayers! I'll miss seeing you in September! Love you girl- Shirley
Nat-
I am so happy that things worked out the way that they did!! I think that this is such a great opportunity for you and I am ecstatic that you took everything in full force!! Good luck!! Don't cry when you think about not seeing me!! LOL :)
Post a Comment