Hi. As most of you know, this past week we got hit by Hurricane Gustav. In the process (as I've written about...) we had a huge power surge. Now, thankfully our house was not super affected, although we lost our phone and internet, so I guess we kind of were, but nothing was smoking or starting on fire like at school or at other people's houses.
The one anecdote that did come out of the experience:
Surge protectors are like Jesus. Yes. Let me explain. Karen, Christy, and Rachel's house had a surge protector that burned up. It died. BUT it protected the fan and their things that were plugged in. It gave its life so that others may live. It's true.
ALSO.
one day in the teacher's lounge we got in a discussion about how I'm weird. or moreso that I was a closet Barney watcher until I was in probably third grade (and by "closet" I mean that I didn't want ANYONE to know that I secretly loved that show...) Anyways, we decided that Barney's "I Love You" song is a parable for God's unconditional love towards us and of Jesus' Greatest Commandments. Jesus' 2 greatest commandments can be found in Matthew chapter 28:37-39. Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.
And if I need to refresh your memory of the Barney song, "I love you, You love me. We're a happy family..." God loves us unconditionally if we allow Him. We love God with a human love to show Him our appreciation for what He has done in our lives...with all our heart, soul, and mind. We are loving our neighbors as ourselves (i love you. you love me.) double meaning.
This stuff is deep.
Love teacher's lounge stuff. :)
getting late...need to go to bed!
lades!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment