I've been practicing my Spanish. I'm getting better! Or maybe it's all flooding back to me from the massive amounts of hours put in during high school. It feels good to speak Spanish here. I'm mainly too shy to do it in public, but around the house, I'm basically bilingual. :)
GOOD NEWS! Our 4th roommate made it here finally! Kelsey is awesome blossom. She has added a whole new dynamic to our house that just makes it even better than it was before she came! When she came, one of her first questions was, "Do you guys like Dr. Quinn?" At first I was slightly taken aback because...well...one of my prof's/mentor's/friend's name is Dr. Quinn. I busted up laughing because...yes, I do like Dr. Quinn. BUT NO. She was not referring to one of Taylor University's finest, she was referring to the MEDICINE WOMAN. YES. She had brought 2 seasons on DVD of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Could life get any better? I submit that it cannot! (Brian Regan, anyone?)
Also. I have super human strength. YES. Indeed, you read that correctly. I, Natalie Kay Brewer, basically dissolved a cast iron skillet with my super human strength. Backstory: Anna (roommate) bought some nails with which we were going to nail into our concrete wall (we're allowed.) so we can hang things. like our pans. SO anyways...she assured me (after nailing in one herself) that the cast iron skillet was...and I quote..."indestructable." So then it was my turn to nail in this concrete-nail...started pounding it in...pound. pound. pound. SHATTER. It cracked in two. WOW. I'm so tough.
...and no...
Brooke and I have not killed each other yet, despite the pool going around on Facebook...haha
...and yes...
I'm Facebook friends with my roommates now. so we're officially friends. No worries about that! It dramatically decreased the awkward house tension that was filling the air by the lack of commitment on Facebook.
This morning we went to Nueva Vida. Church in Spanish was intense. Thankfully the pastor was a Spanish as a Second Language (American) guy. So although he did speak Spanish, he spoke slowly. I had a headache after church today. It was hard to listen, understand, comprehend, and get something out of the sermon. But I survived! And I kind of understood. Songs we sang at church today: "Cantare de Tu amor por siempre" (I could sing of your love forever) and Come Thou Fount (I'm not sure how to say it in Spanish) but I loved loved loved being able to sing worship in Spanish and really understand the lyrics and have them mean something to me...
This week has been kinda super tough for me. Two people who are super, super important to me have lost loved ones. It's so hard to be across the ocean while all I want to do is be there. love them. hug them. I dunno. I just wish I was there! But God is faithful. He'll take care of them while I cannot be there. He'll take care of them better than if I was able to be there. I love them. a lot.
ALSO.
LARGE SHOUT OUT!
WHITE FAMILY! :)
They generously supplied me with the best gift a girl could have. Feast your eyes upon this beauty. As I long for Polar Pops (from Handy Andy...natually) I can reminisce about all the good times I've had with these beauties. and from the Dominican, I can have a small taste of home. YOU ROCK! Love you guys...

ah. back to lesson planning I must go. I want to at least get tomorrow hammered out. I'm still overwhelmed by life...but life goes on...just trying to keep my head above water! Love you! Enjoy your week! :) Pray for me as I embark upon my first week of teaching! AHHH!
No comments:
Post a Comment